What is spirulina?
Well, Spirulina is blue - green algae that nutritionists are calling the super food of the future.
It is responsible for producing oxygen in the planet’s atmosphere that billions of years ago allowed the planet’s originating life forms to develop. Put simply, Spirulina is arguably the world’s first super food and one of the most nutrient-rich foods on earth.
1. It eliminates heavy metals (especially arsenic)
- Spirulina is a heavy metal detox. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), chronic arsenic toxicity is a worldwide problem. As researchers pointed out, there is no specific treatment for arsenic poisoning and that’s why they evaluated alternatives like blue-green algae. And it works pretty well!
2. Eradicates Candida
- According to researchers, “Candida species belong to the normal microbiota of an individual’s mucosal oral cavity, gastrointestinal tract, and vagina” and causes candidiasis. On the other hand, immune-strengthening properties of spirulina help the body eliminate the candida cells.
3. It can Help Fight HIV/AIDs
- A study published in the Journal of Applied Psychology showed that people who regularly consume algae, have relatively low HIV/AIDs rates. No wonder people in Japan, Korea, and Chad have relatively low HIV/AIDS rates a feat that has been attributed to the abundance of this fresh water plant in the region.
4. Could be a natural Cancer treatment
- Spirulina is rich in tetrapyrrolic compounds closely related to bilirubin molecule, a potential anti-oxidant, and anti-prollyferative agent. It has been found that compared to untreated cells, experimental therapeutics significantly decreased proliferation of human pancreatic cancer cell lines in vitri in a dose-dependent manner. This means that spirulina is a potential natural cancer treatment.
5. It Reduces Blood Pressure
- Japanese researchers claim that consuming this blue-green algae reverses the endothelial dysfunction in the metabolic syndrome thus helping in reducing chances of heart disease.
6. It Cuts Down Cholesterol
- Spirulina prevents atherosclerosis and reduces elevated blood cholesterol levels.
7. Lowers chance of Stroke
- Spirulina supplementation has also been known to lower intimal aorta surface which helps to prevent arteriosclerosis and subsequent stroke. Also, Spirulina can literally reverse the damage done by eating a poor diet, and this comes at a great advantage to the heart.
8. Boosts energy
- people who regularly consume spirulina have an abundance of energy because spirulina has a chemical composition that boosts energy. This energy performance is enhanced as spirulina unlocks sugar from cells-when frozen the cold from the ice boosts metabolic energy while giving our bodies a ”wake-up call.”
9. Speeds up weight loss
- dense protein-rich foods like spirulina promote weight loss and low-fat stores through a variety of mechanisms. Eating proteins help maintain lean tissue and contribute to fat burning because it takes more energy to metabolize.
10. Offers neuroprotection for brain disorders and memory boosting
- research has found that Spirulina platensis may “prevent the loss of memory possibly by lessening AB protein accumulation, reducing oxidative damage and mainly augmenting the catalase activity.
- Detoxes Heavy Metals
- Eliminates Candida
- Improves Resistance for HIV/AIDS
- Help Prevent Cancer
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Reduces Cholesterol
- Lowers Chance of Stroke
- Speed Up Weight Loss
- Alleviates Sinus Issues
- Boost Energy
If you are just starting to take spirulina, build up the doze gradually.
For the first two days, take 1 tablet daily. Then, for the next two days take 2 tablets daily. For the following two days, take 3 tablets daily, etc., until you reach the required dosage.
You can take spirulina whenever you like- with, before, or between meals; before or after working out; or whenever your energy is low.
Because high –protein foods have been found to increase alertness - and spirulina is one of the richest whole food sources of protein.
It is best to take spirulina at least four hours before going to bed but altogether, it does not seem to matter whether one should take six tablets at once or two tablets three times a day-most people report feeling benefits whenever and however they take spirulina and it often does not present any problems.
Important: This product is a DTI and FDA APPROVED.